May 31, 2017

Set the Table - Crushing on Orange



Set the Table - Crushing on Orange




I have been craving tropical colour since returning from a recent trip to Trinidad and Togabo.


Yellow Poui - The rainy season begins when it drops all of its beautiful yellow flowers.


Yellow Poui



This table reminds me of all those luscious tropical colours.








My flowers are not tropical, but the colours are brilliant.










The Cashew is very odd.  The true fruit is the nut at the end of the false fruit.  The false fruit is sometimes called the "apple" or "cherry".  The "apple" is edible and sweet.  Sometimes jam is made from it.  I tasted both the "apple" and the jam made from it and it is delicious.


The tablecloth has a little purple in it.  I used purple
 glass plates as a nice contrast to the orange.




The placemats are actually Batik napkins.  Each one is slightly different from the other, but, the colours are the same.




It is not too often you see an orange Zebra.








I don't know what kind of oranges these are, but, they are not sweet.


















The small sauce boat is vintage Fiestaware.







We picked this pineapple and brought it home.





 




Everywhere we went the Bougainvilia was spectacular.




















Tabletop

Tablecloth - Pink City
Placemats - Caribelle Batik, St. Kitts and Nevis, W.I.
Napkins - Cynthia Rowley
Bottom Plate - Pier One
Purple glass plate - Home Sense
Small White plate - Richmond, Johnso Brothers
Bowls - BIA International
Orange sauce boat - vintage Fiesta
Melamine Flamingo plate - The Great Canadian Super Store
Flatware - Bombay
Orange jug (used as a vase) - Home Sense
Orange Zebra - Home Sense
Flowers - Michaels



Thank you for stopping by,



Barbara

Post Script

The best way to receive posts from Fair Meadow Place is to subscribe by email.  SUBSCRIBE HERE


You can see FMP on PinterestFacebook, or Google +

I always enjoy hearing from you.  You can leave comments below.
⇓⇓⇓

14 comments :

  1. What a feast of photos! Beautiful views and color. I love that shade of orange -- not jack o' lantern but a lovely shade that's more orange than peach, less pinky than coral but somewhere in between. It's fabulous!

    A quick thank you for all your lovely blog visits and comments to Marmelade Gypsy. I do think you would find much of Detroit to be in far better shape than the 70s, though there are still pockets where it's pretty grim (quite a few but you can't fix everything at once). But seeing it on the rise is very good.

    And good luck on your basement clean out. I have to work on mine, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly how an artist would describe that colour orange.

    It is heartening to know that Detroit is coming back. There is a lot of beautiful architecture there that needs to be preserved.

    Have a great weekend, Jeanie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful colorful post, it makes me want to go on an island vacation right now! Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful images with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning and the exact color palette I've wanted to use for a long time. We're celebrating our 41st anniversary at the end of the month and I've been thinking of either a tropical or nautical theme. After seeing your beautiful table I do believe tropical is what I want. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your 41st anniversary. That is something worth celebrating. I am glad I have been inspirational to you.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely tablesetting...it makes me want to take off o a tropical island! I love the flamingo plates and the vivid orange color that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors are beautiful, orange is such a fun summer color. I love it paired with the purple. Thank you for joining us at Create and Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for reminding me about the orange linens and tableware that I haven't used in what seems like forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really must get the orange linens out and use them, Sandra. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful table you created Barbara. I just love the color, texture and the beautiful linens you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, Shelly. I appreciate hearing from you.

      Delete

Although we love hearing from our readers, we are unable to open or respond to Annonymous Comments due to SPAM.